[connect.audit] Should CrossDos/MSH work on my 3000?

haeb@ibmpcug.co.uk (Harry Broomhall) (11/11/90)

In article <15704@cbmvax.commodore.com> jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com (Randell Jesup) writes:
> [...]
[stuff deleted]

> 	I didn't see anything obviously wrong with your code, but nothing that
> affects such things should have changed.  Note that timing may be different,
> for example from the 32-bit chip memory access, processor speed, etc.  However,
> properly written code shouldn't care.
>
> 	Does it work on an A3000 under 1.3, or is it broken on both 1.3 and
> 2.0?

    I have tried this on our 3000.  It works fine using 1.3, but fails
on any write on 2.01 (CBM UK don't seem to have 2.02 yet).

    When I say on any write 'Delete' doesn't work either.

    Typical results are anywhere from hang to fireworks!

    Regards,
        Harry.

--
Automatic Disclaimer:
The views expressed above are those of the author alone and may not