[fa.info-vax] LHDH on 750

info-vax@ucbvax.ARPA (06/04/85)

From: Gail Rubin <grubin@bbn-spca>

----BEGINNING OF FORWARDED MESSAGES----
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 84 11:45:40 EDT
From: Jon Sutton <jsutton@bbn-unix.ARPA>
Subject: LHDH-11 on a VAX 750
To: seventek@lbl-ws.arpa
Cc: grubin@bbn-unix.ARPA

Your problems sound familiar to me.  I installed an LHDH-11 some time
back and I remember two problems.  First, make sure that the NPR jumper
is in the correct state on the slots used for the LHDH and the DZ's in
question.  Second, the LHDH likes to be the last thing on the bus (ie. as
close to the terminator as possible).

Also if you have long unibus cabling going through the LHDH make sure
that no two cables are the same length and the the total length of the
unibus doesn't exceed 50'.  When two adjacent cables are the same length
reflections on the bus  can cause problems.

						-Jon Sutton

----END OF FORWARDED MESSAGES----
Here is a message that a co-worker of mine sent someone last
year in response to a question about LHDH's and 750's. Good luck.

-- Gail Rubin
(grubin@bbn-spca or @bbn-unix)

info-vax@ucbvax.ARPA (06/05/85)

From: Ron Natalie <ron@BRL.ARPA>

LHDH's don't plug into the backplane so there is no NPR jumper to remove.
I use two 10 foot cables on mine, and it works fine.

-Ron