[bionet.agroforestry] Forest/Climate interactions

angel@reepicheep.sws.uiuc.edu (Jim Angel) (11/17/90)

We are interested in research of interactions between climate and forests.
Can anybody suggest forest models that use climate information as part
of the modelling process or could someone send us a copy of forest models
that incorporate climate processes.  Thanks in advance.

alonso@milton.u.washington.edu (Ernesto Alvaradocelestino) (11/17/90)

In article <1990Nov16.195530.368@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> angel@reepicheep.sws.uiuc.edu (Jim Angel) writes:
>We are interested in research of interactions between climate and forests.
>Can anybody suggest forest models that use climate information as part
>of the modelling process or could someone send us a copy of forest models
>that incorporate climate processes.  Thanks in advance.

Please be more specific if you are interested in long term variations (maybe
related to climate change) or just interactions. I'll be glad to give you couple of
phone numbers or references of people working in the Pacific Northwest on that
sort of research. Somehow I am also doing something related, but only with
forest fires.

Ernesto Alvarado

--
      I     Ernesto Alvarado                   | email
     I I    College of Forest Resources AR-10  | alonso@u.washington.edu

pamela@bu-bio.bu.edu (Pamela Hall) (11/18/90)

You might check out _Ecology_, vol 70,1 pp 1-15 which is a series
of featured articles on global change and forest ecology, specifically
in reference to acid deposition.  I don't believe any of these articles
speak specifically to modelling, but their references may point you in
that direction.

Also, _Ecology_, vol 69,5 pp 1317-1340 is a series of articles on gas
exchange studies in relationship to ecosystems.

Pamela Hall