[uw.mfcf.bugs] mfcf-basics chown moved.

jmsellens@watdragon.waterloo.edu (John M. Sellens) (08/23/89)

In article <28509@watmath.waterloo.edu> rbutterworth@watmath.waterloo.edu writes:
>From: Ray Butterworth <rbutterworth>
>
>I've moved mfcf-basics's chown from bin to maintenance,
>since normal users don't need access to this command.
>
>Remember, "bin" is supposed to mean "user",
>but Bill won't let us change it.

When we move or remove something we must CLEAN UP AFTER OURSELVES!!!!!

Script started on Tue Aug 22 18:31:55 1989
itcsh: You have mail.
21-DRAG## chown blort blat
itcsh: /software/.admin/bins/bin/chown: Unsatisfied symbolic link.
22-DRAG## ls -alg /software/.admin/bins/bin/chown
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root          wheel          35 Aug 21 04:10 /software/.admin/bins/bin/chown -> /usr/archware/mfcf-basics/bin/chown
23-DRAG## x

script done on Tue Aug 22 18:32:19 1989

rbutterworth@watmath.waterloo.edu (Ray Butterworth) (08/23/89)

In article <16065@watdragon.waterloo.edu>, jmsellens@watdragon.waterloo.edu (John M. Sellens) writes:
> >From: Ray Butterworth <rbutterworth>
> >I've moved mfcf-basics's chown from bin to maintenance,
> >since normal users don't need access to this command.
>
> When we move or remove something we must CLEAN UP AFTER OURSELVES!!!!!

It didn't occur to me that the distribution mechanism wouldn't
do the right thing.

Perhaps Bill can get "make distribute" to remake the .admin symlinks?