[uw.mfcf.bugs] xhier - putting Makefile-body in source directory doesn't work

jmsellens@watmath.waterloo.edu (10/01/89)

From: John M Sellens <jmsellens>

Because you usually have multiple distribution hosts, and when you
make distribute on the secondary machine it tries to make the makefile,
and then complains because there is no Makefile-body and the
DistributionLog is "non-trivial", and so never gets around to doing
the distribute.

I ran into this on mfcf-misc and will try to avoid it by moving
the Makefile-body from the source directory to the package directory.

rbutterworth@watmath.waterloo.edu (Ray Butterworth) (10/02/89)

In article <29648@watmath.waterloo.edu>, jmsellens@watmath.waterloo.edu writes:
> I ran into this on mfcf-misc and will try to avoid it by moving
> the Makefile-body from the source directory to the package directory.

I've been complaining about this for weeks.

I finally got things to stop messing up by putting the M*y in the
package directory and putting a symlink to it in the source
directory.  Then the xh-* doesn't move the one under the
package directory to source, and if I change the one under the
package directory the xh-* notices when it looks at the
version under source.

I think Bill finally agreed to have xh-* stop moving the
M*y from the package to the source directory,
but I'm leaving my symlinks there anyway,
since I don't trust any of this stuff.