[sci.aeronautics] Detecting Stealth Aircraft & Other Sundry Radar Info

mingmar@cs.mcgill.ca (Ming MAR) (06/30/91)

In article <11351@idunno.Princeton.EDU> stratton@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (D. Alexander Stratton) writes:
>In article enno@technix.oz.au (Enno Davids) writes:
>>
>>On reading this it struck me that Stealth should be quite visible on the
>>Doppler radar systems used at some airports to look for 'wind shear' and
>>otherwise track moving air. Comments?
>>
> To detect wind shear with doppler radar,
>the moving air mass must possess enough moisture or aerosol content to
>provide enough return signal to the radar. But I'd like to hear what some
>radar experts think.

I've cross-posted this because there doesn't seem to be any radar
expertise in the sci.aeronautics newsgroup.  One question that comes
to mind is:  what kind of range does a wind shear detection system
have anyway?