[misc.headlines.unitex] MEMORANDUM FROM UNITEX

unitex@rubbs.fidonet.org (unitex) (08/30/89)

                     * * *  N O T I C E * * *

SUBJECT: UPDATE ON ELECTRONIC UNITEX ADDRESSES......

---> UNITEX Headquarters is now 1:107/501  and is no longer at 1:107/701

We have maintained dual addresses for several months but *all*
UNITEX readers should now use 1:107/501 to get direct email to
UNITEX headquarters on FidoNET.

Our address in AlterNet is 7:520/501.  These two addresses can
be used to reach Dr. James Waldron, UNITEX Director

The direct uucp address is rutgers!rubbs!107!501!James_Waldron

---> Direct email via UseNet can be sent to waldron@newport.rutgers.edu

To enter mail via the UNITEX uucp mailing list use rutgers!rubbs!unitex

Finally, direct entries can be made into the UNITEX newsgroup
on UseNet.  It is called MISC.HEADLINES.UNITEX.  It is, at the
present time, a moderated newsgroup.  All entries will be forwarded
to our UseNet Moderator, Patt Haring.  Her address
is patth@sci.ccny.cuny.edu

ANY INFORMATION RECEIVED FROM THE UNITEX NEWSGROUPS OR
CONFERENCES CAN NOT BE REPOSTED OR DISSEMINATED WITHOUT
EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION.

Thank you,

Dr. James Waldron
Directoer, UNITEX

 * Origin: UNITEX --> Toward a United Species  (1:107/501)

Ported to USENET from UNITEX NETWORK via
  UNITEX BBS: 201-795-0733
 (1:107/501 FidoNETwork)
  (FAX: 212-787-1726 : Attention: James Waldron, Ph.D.)

---
Patt Haring                | UNITEX : United Nations
patth@sci.ccny.cuny.edu    |          Information
patth@ccnysci.BITNET       |          Transfer Exchange
  -=- Every child smiles in the same language. -=-

unitex@rubbs.fidonet.org (unitex) (09/02/89)

 JA> From: rutgers!ima.ima.isc.com!johna (John Adams)
 JA> To:   rubbs.fidonet.org!unitex
 JA> Date: Wed, 30 Aug 89 10:22:26 EDT

 JA> In article <2839@ccnysci.UUCP> you write:
 JA> >ANY INFORMATION RECEIVED FROM THE UNITEX NEWSGROUPS OR
 JA> >CONFERENCES CAN NOT BE REPOSTED OR DISSEMINATED WITHOUT
 JA> >EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION.
 JA> >Dr. James Waldron

 JA> This statement implies that automatic redistribution via
 JA> Usenet is prohibited.
 JA> Would you please clarify your position?
 JA>         johna
 JA> John Adams      (home)  johna@grumpy.ima.isc.com        (617) 646-6491
 JA>                 (work)  johna@haddock.ima.isc.com       (617) 661-7474

 Not at all.  This statement was directed to groups and individuals
 who are charging $$ fees for access to UNITEX.  We never see any of that
 money....  UNITEX is expensive to produce.  Data costs, distrubution and
 phone costs, etc are around $30,000  per year.   We want the feed on Usenet
 and University networks (BitNet, etc) but, at the same time, do not want
 individuals or groups reselling this information either directly or
 indirectly via access fees to a 'private' system, etc, etc..

 I hope this clarifies my earlier directive.

 Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

 James Waldron,
 Director, UNITEX