[fa.info-vax] DR11-W data i/o protocols

info-vax@ucbvax.ARPA (06/25/85)

From: SYSTEM%CRNLNS.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA

>From: Andrew P. Kosoresow <KOSORESOW@COLUMBIA-20.ARPA>
>Subject: DIGITIAL DR11-W Interface Documentation
>To: info-vax@SRI-KL.ARPA
>
>I am trying to get hardware documentation for the DIGITAL DR11-W interface.
> All I have found is the Users Manual (DEC # EK-DR11-W-UG) and Print Set
> (DEC # MP-00693-00), but what I really need is a description of the protocol
> and timing specification for the signals between DR11-W and a user peripheral.
>
>If you know of such document, have any experience with the interface, or have
> any suggestions, I would like to hear from you.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Zdenek Radouch,
>(ZDENEK@Columbia-20.Arpa)
>-------

The data i/o protocols for the DR11-W are the same as for the
Unibus DR11-B and the Qbus DRV11-B. Documentation for these can be
found in the DEC PDP-11 peripherals handbooks and in the DEC Microcomputer
interface handbooks. The earlier editions of the manuals are much
more useful than the current versions.  These should be
available from your local DEC salesman free of charge.

Selden Ball

Cornell University, LNS        NYNEX: (607) 256-4882
Wilson Synchrotron Lab        BITNET: SYSTEM@CRNLNS
Dryden Road                     ARPA: SYSTEM%CRNLNS.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA
Ithaca, NY  14853