[fa.info-vax] HP LaserJet Hookup to VAX/VMS

info-vax@ucbvax.ARPA (07/24/85)

From: Bakin@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA

Can someone put me in touch with a system manager who has hooked up a
LaserJet to a VAX/VMS system?  I need to know how to set up print
queue characteristics and other stuff to get it to work nicely.  (We
just got our first laser printer ... the aforementioned LaserJet ...
gifted to us and don't have much experience.)

Thanks!  Dave Bakin
         ARPA:  Bakin @ mit-multics
         Phone:  (617) 890-0030

info-vax@ucbvax.ARPA (07/27/85)

From: dual!well!hmg@BERKELEY (Harry Goodman)

In article <9296@ucbvax.ARPA> you write:
>From: Bakin@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA
>
>Can someone put me in touch with a system manager who has hooked up a
>LaserJet to a VAX/VMS system?  I need to know how to set up print
>queue characteristics and other stuff to get it to work nicely.  (We
>just got our first laser printer ... the aforementioned LaserJet ...
>gifted to us and don't have much experience.)
>
>Thanks!  Dave Bakin
>         ARPA:  Bakin @ mit-multics
>         Phone:  (617) 890-0030

Hi Dave,   I'd appreciate being copied on the replies to your query.  We're
strongly considering acquiring a LaserJet here.  Applications would include
mastering from  troff  files, remote user access from standard ASCII files
etc.    We're coming off a VAX 750 running under 4.2(BSD).

Thanks, ....Harry Goodman

hplabs!well!hmg                  dual!well!hmg
USPS 1733 Bridgeway, Sausalito, CA 94965     MaBellNet 415-332-5945

info-vax@ucbvax.ARPA (07/31/85)

From: decwrl!decvax!genrad!teddy!panda!rdp@BERKELEY

Call Bob Newman at Applicon in Billerica, Ma at 617-667-8850. He set
up such a printer some time ago.

Dick Pierce