[fa.info-vax] recompiling 3rd party driver

info-vax@ucbvax.ARPA (08/09/85)

From: Art Berggreen <ART@ACC>

> We are trying to link a 3rd party driver under VMS 4.1 which ran under
> version 3.x.  We get undefined global symbols DYN$C_CRB,DYN$C_DDB,
> DYN$C.CPT and DYN$C_UCB. Any suggestions?
> Thanks for the help...I hope.

You need to invoke the macro $DYNDEF to define those symbols.  They used
to be resolved at link time under V3 but must be defined at compile time
under V4.  There should be other macro calls near the top of the driver
similar in form to the one needed ($UCBDEF is usually invoked in VMS
drivers).
    					"Art Berggreen"<Art@ACC.ARPA>

------