[comp.sys.mips] -idtrace option to pixie

scarter@gryphon.COM (Scott Carter) (08/02/89)

My budget for buying SPP has been taken away, so I am forced to try to fake
it.  I need address traces of some running Mips code to do cache simulation
 for an upcoming project.

Has anyone figured out how to use the -idtrace option to pixie?  When I do
it the output (in the file specified by -idtrace_file) is only a few bytes
and is garbage as far as I can tell.

If it matters, this is a M120-5 running RISC/os 3.10.

If this option only works on a super-pixie that comes with SPP the switches
should not be mentioned in the regular man page.

Scott Carter
McDonnell Douglas Electronic Systems Co.  (714)-896-3097
scarter@gryphon.com  or <most anywhere>!<elroy | lll-winken>!gryphon!scarter

thunder@andante.UUCP (Ann Marie Grizzaffi Maynard) (08/04/89)

In article <18346@gryphon.COM> scarter@gryphon.COM (Scott Carter) writes:

>Has anyone figured out how to use the -idtrace option to pixie?
>
>Scott Carter
>McDonnell Douglas Electronic Systems Co.  (714)-896-3097

I've been trying to figure out the same thing myself (and making lots
of phone calls trying to find someone who can answer this question
and getting alot of buck passing but no information).  If anyone
can answer this question for Scott Carter I'd appreciate being let in on
the secret!

Thanks!
Ann Marie Maynard

rogerk@mips.COM (Roger B.A. Klorese) (08/10/89)

In article <21721@andante.UUCP> thunder@andante.UUCP (Ann Marie Grizzaffi Maynard) writes:
>In article <18346@gryphon.COM> scarter@gryphon.COM (Scott Carter) writes:
>>Has anyone figured out how to use the -idtrace option to pixie?
>I've been trying to figure out the same thing myself (and making lots
>of phone calls trying to find someone who can answer this question
>and getting alot of buck passing but no information).

The format of the trace info, and the tools to analyze them, are only
provided with the System Programmer's Package in its cache tools.
--
ROGER B.A. KLORESE      MIPS Computer Systems, Inc.      phone: +1 408 720-2939
928 E. Arques Ave.  Sunnyvale, CA  94086                        rogerk@mips.COM