[comp.sys.mips] elm or other mail user agents

bshafer@udenva.cair.du.edu (Bob Shafer) (09/06/89)

Has anyone ported elm or some other (friendlier?) mail user agent to the
MIPS?  mailx or gnu are okay for me, but I have users that would appreciate
something a little easier to use.

I am willing to do the port, but if someone else has already done the work and
is willing to share......

Bob Shafer
Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries
Internet:	bob@carl.org
BITNET:		BSHAFER@DUCAIR
Usenet:		...ncar!dunike!bshafer

klr@hadron.UUCP (Kurt L. Reisler) (09/07/89)

In article <12227@duorion.cair.du.edu> bob@carl.org writes:
>Has anyone ported elm or some other (friendlier?) mail user agent to the
>MIPS?  mailx or gnu are okay for me, but I have users that would appreciate
>something a little easier to use.

On our DECstation 3100, elm 2.2 just recompiled and flies under UWS 2.0
(Ultrix 3.0).

Kurt Reisler (703) 359-6100
UNISIG Chairman, DECUS US Chapter                       | Hadron, Inc.
..{uunet|sundc|rlgvax|netxcom|decuac}!hadron!klr        | 9990 Lee Highway
Sysop, Fido 109/101 The Bear's Den   (703) 671-0598     | Suite 481
Sysop, Fido 109/103 The Pot of Gold  (703) 359-6549     | Fairfax, VA 22030

chip@vector.Dallas.TX.US (Chip Rosenthal) (09/08/89)

In article <12227@duorion.cair.du.edu> bob@carl.org writes:
>Has anyone ported elm or some other (friendlier?) mail user agent to the
>MIPS?

There is no porting involved.  Elm runs as is on our 3.10 system.
--
Chip Rosenthal / chip@vector.Dallas.TX.US / Dallas Semiconductor / 214-450-5337
Someday the whole country will be one big "Metroplex" - Zippy's friend Griffy