[comp.sys.mips] Autoboot M/120?

bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) (09/15/89)

Is it possible to configure an M/120 (RISC/os 4.01) to autoboot
after a crash?  I'd rather not have to type "auto" by hand...

Is this in the manuals?

Paul DuBois
dubois@primate.wisc.edu

rogerk@mips.COM (Roger B.A. Klorese) (09/15/89)

In article <761@uakari.primate.wisc.edu> bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) writes:
>Is it possible to configure an M/120 (RISC/os 4.01) to autoboot
>after a crash?  I'd rather not have to type "auto" by hand...

"PROM Monitor Environment Variables:

bootmode:  Controls the PROM Monitor's action in response to system resets.
           If bootmode is "m", then the PROM Monitor enters the command
           mode after a reset."  (I assume this is your current setting.)
           "If bootmode is "c", the system does a cold boot."

>Is this in the manuals?

Yes, but not in a terrifically reasonable place.  It's in the M/120
Technical Reference, in the PROM Monitor reference, page 5-3.
--
ROGER B.A. KLORESE      MIPS Computer Systems, Inc.      phone: +1 408 720-2939
928 E. Arques Ave.  Sunnyvale, CA  94086                        rogerk@mips.COM