[comp.sys.mips] "new" awk

adam@mips.COM (Adam Joseph) (12/12/89)

Has anyone ported the "new" awk that AT&T has released in source form
to the MIPS?

We have some folks out here that are interested in getting a license, but
are looking for some thoughts from those who have done it before.

Please send responses to adam@mips.com.  I will summarize if there is
significant interest.

adam

rogerk@mips.COM (Roger B.A. Klorese) (01/03/90)

In article <33329@admin.mips.COM> adam@mips.COM (Adam Joseph) writes:

>Has anyone ported the "new" awk that AT&T has released in source form
>to the MIPS?
>
>We have some folks out here that are interested in getting a license, but
>are looking for some thoughts from those who have done it before.

I received this response from the person who was responsible for our commands
base for the past year`or so:

#We ported awk from svr3.1 to UMIPS3.0 last year.  However, we did
#not name it nawk, we named it awk.  (I updated the tutorial on awk in the
#Programmers Supplementary Manual but failed to make the appropriate changes
#to the sysV man pages - I will get that off to doc this week.) This version
#of awk matches the descriptions in the book "The AWK Programming Language"
#by Aho, Kernighan and Weinberger published by Addison-Wesley in 1988.
--
ROGER B.A. KLORESE      MIPS Computer Systems, Inc.      phone: +1 408 720-2939
928 E. Arques Ave.  Sunnyvale, CA  94086                        rogerk@mips.COM