[comp.sys.mips] M/120 PC/AT peripherals

jmk@alice.UUCP (Jim McKie) (12/14/89)

has anyone attached any interesting peripherals
using dma to the PC/AT bus on the M/120? i've
only added some dumb boards.
i'm particulary interested in being able to add
extra ethernet controllers.

thanks, Jim McKie	Bell Labs	research!jmk
				jmk@research.att.com

lawc@super.jhu.edu (Chiu-Tai Law) (12/15/89)

In article <10241@alice.UUCP> jmk@alice.UUCP (Jim McKie) writes:

>has anyone attached any interesting peripherals ...
>i'm particulary interested in being able to add
>extra ethernet controllers.

I am interested in getting the information on getting additional
ethernet controllers on the AT bus.

Thank you for any information!
--
Chiu Tai Law				lawc@super.ece.jhu.edu
(301) 338-7976				lawc@alpha.ece.jhu.edu

rogerk@mips.COM (Roger B.A. Klorese) (12/15/89)

In article <10241@alice.UUCP> jmk@alice.UUCP (Jim McKie) writes:

>has anyone attached any interesting peripherals
>using dma to the PC/AT bus on the M/120? i've
>only added some dumb boards.
>i'm particulary interested in being able to add
>extra ethernet controllers.

Mips' Integration Products Group is shipping an Ethernet card and driver for
the AT slots, though I'm not sure if the driver is DMA.  (I'll check.)
Check with your sales office for details.
--
ROGER B.A. KLORESE      MIPS Computer Systems, Inc.      phone: +1 408 720-2939
928 E. Arques Ave.  Sunnyvale, CA  94086                        rogerk@mips.COM

steveh@abbott.mips.com (Stephen C. Hill) (01/05/90)

In article <33691@mips.mips.COM>, rogerk@mips.COM (Roger B.A. Klorese) writes:

> In article <10241@alice.UUCP> jmk@alice.UUCP (Jim McKie) writes:
> >
> >has anyone attached any interesting peripherals
> >using dma to the PC/AT bus on the M/120? i've
> >only added some dumb boards.
> >i'm particulary interested in being able to add
> >extra ethernet controllers.
>
> Mips' Integration Products Group is shipping an Ethernet card and driver for
> the AT slots, though I'm not sure if the driver is DMA.  (I'll check.)
> Check with your sales office for details.

Our Ethernet offering does NOT use DMA, but uses shared memory.  As Roger says, "Check with your sales office for details."

Steve

--
Stephen C. Hill, CDP
Software Engineer

Time is Nature's method of keeping us from bumping into ourselves.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>