[comp.sys.mips] f77 bug with entry points

dwb@hare.udev.cdc.com (dw block x-4621) (03/01/90)

The following fortran program does not compile on our MIPS M/2000 under
RISC/os 4.0.

      PROGRAM TEST
      CALL ENTRE
      END
      SUBROUTINE SUB
      ENTRY ENTRA
      ENTRY ENTRE
      PRINT *,'Entry point Entre'
      RETURN
      END

The compiler produces the following error:

as1: Error: test.f, line 3: Redefinition of symbol: entre_

This program does work on SGI and SUN workstations.

Dave Block                    E-mail:  dwb@hare.udev.cdc.com
Control Data Corp.            AT&T:    (612) 482-4621

rogerk@mips.COM (Roger B.A. Klorese) (03/01/90)

In article <17977@shamash.cdc.com> dwb@hare.udev.cdc.com (dw block x-4621) writes:
>The following fortran program does not compile on our MIPS M/2000 under
>RISC/os 4.0.
>
>      PROGRAM TEST
>      CALL ENTRE
>      END
>      SUBROUTINE SUB
>      ENTRY ENTRA
>      ENTRY ENTRE
>      PRINT *,'Entry point Entre'
>      RETURN
>      END
>
>The compiler produces the following error:
>
>as1: Error: test.f, line 3: Redefinition of symbol: entre_

The bug seems to involve adjacent ENTRY statements.  It is fixed in release
2.10 of f77, which will be available in about three weeks.  Until then, a
harmless workaround is the insertion of a CONTINUE statement between the
ENTRY statements.
--
ROGER B.A. KLORESE      MIPS Computer Systems, Inc.      phone: +1 408 720-2939
MS 4-02    928 E. Arques Ave.  Sunnyvale, CA  94086             rogerk@mips.COM