[comp.sys.mips] Unknown uucico debug message.

danny@enrico.UUCP (Dan Chan) (07/31/90)

I am currenty trying to connect a Mips running os 4.50
and a Convergent 640 running CTIX 6.2-1 with Tcp 2.30

When I run Uutry -x10 enrico ( enrico is the convergent )
I get the following :

	mchFind called (enrico)
	list (rmail) num = 1
	list (/) num = 1
	list (/) num = 1
	_Request (TRUE), _Switch (TRUE), _CallBack (FALSE), _MyName (), _Commands rmail
	chdir(/usr/spool/uucp/enrico)
	conn(enrico)
	Device Type TCP wanted
	Internal caller type TCP
	tcpdial host enrico, port 540
	family: 2
	port: 540
	addr: c021bb05
	set interface TCP
	processdev: calling setdevcfg(uucico, TCP)
	ASSERT ERROR (uucico)  pid: 1790 (7/30-16:20:53) RETURN FROM generic open TCGETA  (115) [FILE: callers.c, LINE: 372]

**** Everything looks fine uptill the last line, could someone
tell me what does that means? ***

note that if I run Uutry -x10 mips , it works fine, ie mail is getting
accords. The network appear to be in working order, ie rcp ftp, all
network command runs fine. And both machine have sendmail turn off.

Any help would be appericated. Thank You

DC
/*-------------------------------------------------------------------*/
/* Mail : danny@iii.com */
/* phone: (415)644-3600 x402. */
/*-------------------------------------------------------------------*/

wje@redwood.mips.com (William J. Earl) (08/02/90)

In article <1482@enrico.UUCP>, danny@enrico (Dan Chan) writes:
> I am currenty trying to connect a Mips running os 4.50
> and a Convergent 640 running CTIX 6.2-1 with Tcp 2.30
>
> When I run Uutry -x10 enrico ( enrico is the convergent )
> I get the following :
>
> 	mchFind called (enrico)
> 	list (rmail) num = 1
> 	list (/) num = 1
> 	list (/) num = 1
> 	_Request (TRUE), _Switch (TRUE), _CallBack (FALSE), _MyName (), _Commands rmail
> 	chdir(/usr/spool/uucp/enrico)
> 	conn(enrico)
> 	Device Type TCP wanted
> 	Internal caller type TCP
> 	tcpdial host enrico, port 540
> 	family: 2
> 	port: 540
> 	addr: c021bb05
> 	set interface TCP
> 	processdev: calling setdevcfg(uucico, TCP)
> 	ASSERT ERROR (uucico)  pid: 1790 (7/30-16:20:53) RETURN FROM generic open TCGETA  (115) [FILE: callers.c, LINE: 372]
>
> **** Everything looks fine uptill the last line, could someone
> tell me what does that means? ***
>
> note that if I run Uutry -x10 mips , it works fine, ie mail is getting
> accords. The network appear to be in working order, ie rcp ftp, all
> network command runs fine. And both machine have sendmail turn off.
>
> Any help would be appericated. Thank You
>
> DC
> /*-------------------------------------------------------------------*/
> /* Mail : danny@iii.com */
> /* phone: (415)644-3600 x402. */

      This is a bug in RISC/os 4.50 uucp, which was a side-effect of
a fix to problem with modem control.  uucp is complaining about
an error which it should ignore.  I have submitted a bug report
(number 7099) for you.  Please contact MIPS Customer Support if you
urgently need a fixed version of the uucp programs.  Otherwise, the
fix should appear in a release in the near future.
--
	William J. Earl			wje@mips.com
	MIPS Computer Systems		408-524-8172