[comp.sys.mips] Disk fragmentation reporter for RISCos 4.0

mike@apex.yorku.ca (Mike Marques) (08/14/90)

Greetings...

The subject says is all does anyone know of such a beast?
Thanks in advance...

						Mike

--
          Mike Marques               ][ Usenet: ......!utzoo!yunexus!mike
 Computing & Communications Services ][         mike@outland.yorku.ca

bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) (08/15/90)

From article <MIKE.90Aug14094953@apex.yorku.ca>, by mike@apex.yorku.ca (Mike Marques):
> The subject says is all does anyone know of such a beast?
> Thanks in advance...

Given ffs, should it matter?

Paul DuBois
dubois@primate.wisc.edu

stacy@sobeco.com (Stacy L. Millions) (08/22/90)

In <2936@uakari.primate.wisc.edu> bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) writes:

>From article <MIKE.90Aug14094953@apex.yorku.ca>, by mike@apex.yorku.ca (Mike Marques):
>> The subject says is all does anyone know of such a beast?
>> Thanks in advance...

>Given ffs, should it matter?

Well, fsck.ffs reports on fragmentation, but probably not what you
wanted. I have never seen one of our filesystems go over 2% fragmentation
with ffs, so "Don't worry, be happy." :-).

-stacy

--
"God is like a shamrock: he's small, he's green, and         uunet!sobeco!stacy
 he's split three ways." - Eric Idle, _Nuns on the Run_        stacy@sobeco.com