[comp.sys.mips] can't get my annex terminal server to work

gamiddle@maytag.waterloo.edu (Guy Middleton) (09/13/90)

I have been trying to use the Annex ports in slave mode, using rtelnet and
getty on our MIPS machine to simulate a normal unix login.

However, there are two major problems:

1)      The Annex pays no attention to DCD if dropped by the modem, nor does
	it lower DTR if the user signs off.

2)      Parity is messed up, in both slave and CLI modes.  This is especially
	strange, since I can talk to CLI, and then telnet to any machine
	other than a MIPS, and it works fine.

Does anybody else use an Annex with a MIPS?  I think I have tried every
reasonable permutation of options on the Annex, our modems, and in
/etc/gettydefs.

Details:	Annex II, software R5.0.3 (I think)
		MIPS M/2000, RISC/os 4.50

dsg@mbunix.mitre.org (Goldberg) (09/14/90)

In article <1990Sep12.234011.11266@maytag.waterloo.edu> gamiddle@maytag.waterloo.edu (Guy Middleton) writes:

> I have been trying to use the Annex ports in slave mode, using rtelnet and
> getty on our MIPS machine to simulate a normal unix login.

> However, there are two major problems:

> 1)      The Annex pays no attention to DCD if dropped by the modem, nor does
          it lower DTR if the user signs off.

> 2)      Parity is messed up, in both slave and CLI modes.  This is especially
          strange, since I can talk to CLI, and then telnet to any machine
          other than a MIPS, and it works fine.

> Does anybody else use an Annex with a MIPS?  I think I have tried every
> reasonable permutation of options on the Annex, our modems, and in
> /etc/gettydefs.

> Details:	Annex II, software R5.0.3 (I think)
		   MIPS M/2000, RISC/os 4.50

I also try to use rtelnet for printing.  It worked under 4.20, but
broke under 4.50.  I put in a service call.  I think there's a bug.  I
don't know about the CLI problem - we just rlogin/telnet to the mips
from the annex, but it may also be related.  You might want to call
the hotline as well.  I only put it in last week, perhaps if there's
enough interest we'll see results faster.

--
Dave Goldberg                     UNIX Systems Programmer/Administrator
The Mitre Corporation   MS B020   Bedford, MA 01730        617-271-2460