[comp.sys.mips] Shameless plug for Xgraph

mark@mips.COM (Mark G. Johnson) (10/31/90)

In article <6736@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU> ins_arf@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu (Ruqiang Feng) writes:
  >We would like to install a public domain (or inexpensive) graphics
  >package on our MIPS workstation. We have RISCwindows 3.1 (the MIPS
  >implementation of X11).
  >Any information of your experience with  such packages would be appreciated.

Many of us here use xgraph version 11.3.2. It's free, it has a pretty
good color X interface (hence the name :-), and it can create
files for PostScript or hpgl format hardcopy devices.  Only 2D, as
far as I can tell.  Supports log axes, scatter plots, histograms,
color-whizzies, etc.  It's tough to beat in a (performance per dollar
expenditure) comparison.
--
 -- Mark Johnson
 	MIPS Computer Systems, 930 E. Arques M/S 2-02, Sunnyvale, CA 94086

larus@primost.cs.wisc.edu (James Larus) (11/09/90)

Let me put in a plug for GNU Plot.  The current version has an X-window interface similar to xgraph and the program has far fewer bugs than xgraph.  Except for the bugs, the two programs are roughly similar, though I like xgraph's ability to intermix data and command lines in one file.

/Jim