[comp.sys.mips] IBM-PC Simulators

mrj@cluster.cs.su.oz.au (Mark James) (01/16/91)

Does anyone know of any products that will enable you to run
MS-DOS programs on mips workstations.  I am interested in
either instruction interpreters or programs that re-assemble
the equivalent mips code.  Hopefully the program would have
hires VGA support either direct to bitmap or over X windows.

Thank you,
Mark (mrj@cs.su.oz.au)

ravi@eddy.Synthesis.COM (Ravi) (01/22/91)

There is a product called OpenPC which capable of emulating
the 80286 instuction set on RISC/os MIPS machines. The hardware is
emulated via virtual devices and unfortunately only CGA graphics is
supported over X windows. We do not support either EGA or VGA yet.

---ravi---