[comp.sys.mips] Forcing sendmail to use dns.

haroldt@paralandra.yorku.ca (Harold Tomlinson) (02/01/91)

  Under 4.5.1 of Risc/Os... our mailer died.  We now have incomming mail
from the net, but cannot send mail out from the box.  Does anyone know how
I can force the use of dns?  I put "host: dns files" in /etc/vis.conf, I
even tried "host: dns", but still cannot send mail off the box.  All mail
returns with "host unknown".

  Any ideas would be appreciated.

  Harold.t.

=====                                                            =====
===                      Harold Tomlinson                          ===
==             Computing and Communications Services                ==
=                        YORK UNIVERSITY                             =
=                  haroldt@paralandra.yorku.ca                       =
=                   or haroldt@nexus.yorku.ca                        =
=                      416- 736-5257-33802                           =

svpillay@idunno.Princeton.EDU (Kanthan Pillay) (02/02/91)

In article <HAROLDT.91Jan31110804@paralandra.yorku.ca> haroldt@paralandra.yorku.ca (Harold Tomlinson) writes:
>  Under 4.5.1 of Risc/Os... our mailer died.  We now have incomming mail
>from the net, but cannot send mail out from the box.  Does anyone know how
>I can force the use of dns?  I put "host: dns files" in /etc/vis.conf, I
>even tried "host: dns", but still cannot send mail off the box.  All mail
>returns with "host unknown".

The RISCos documentation for vis.conf lies. if you change the entry in
vis.conf from "host" to "hosts", then it seems to work.

				Kanthan Pillay
				Systems Administrator
				Program in Applied and Computational Math
				Princeton University

Work: (609) 258-6488    Internet: svpillay@Princeton.EDU
Home: (609) 396-9004    Bitnet:   SVPILLAY@PUCC
Fax:  (609) 258-1735    uucp:     princeton!svpillay