[comp.sys.mips] RISC/os 4.51 sendmail.cf with uucp routing needed

larry@focsys.uucp (Larry Williamson) (02/19/91)

We want to put a modem on our M120 for a news and email feed. Has
anyone ever hooked a modem to a mips machine and used sendmail to
route mail? The sendmail.cf file that comes with RISC/os 4.51 does not
seem to support this older technology (ie. modems).

On our 386/ix machines, I hacked over smail2.5 to provide the
necessary services. Is this what I need to do on the Mips machines
too?

-Larry

stacy@sobeco.com (s.millions) (02/21/91)

larry@focsys.uucp (Larry Williamson) writes:
>We want to put a modem on our M120 for a news and email feed. Has
>anyone ever hooked a modem to a mips machine and used sendmail to
>route mail?

The M120 serial ports will not stand up to a Telebit very well, they
loose characters at speeds over 9600 (sometimes at 9600).

*** COMMERCIAL CONTENT WARNING ***

If you want to do heavy serial I/O on an M120 or RC3240, we wrote
a driver for the Equinox MEGAPORT serial board. It works very
well (what else would you expect me to say, I worked on the driver :-).

For more information contact:

stacy@sobeco.com (Me) Tech. Type
ygrignon@sobeco.com Marketing Type

*** END OF COMMERCIAL CONTENT WARNING ***

>            The sendmail.cf file that comes with RISC/os 4.51 does not
>seem to support this older technology (ie. modems).

We ported sendmail 5.65 with IDA 1.3.5, it handles routing between SMTP
and UUCP very nicely.

-stacy

--
"You have only 24 hours to live.... well, 22 hours. Sorry      stacy@sobeco.com
I kept you waiting so long" - doctor to Homer Simpson        uunet!sobeco!stacy