[fa.info-vax] Any All-In-One Users Out There

BRIAN%src.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA ("Brian T.N. Stokes") (09/09/85)

We have been using DEC's All-In-One office automation product for about a year
now, and are preparing to upgrade to version 2.0, which is essentially a major
rewrite of this complex software environment.

This type of effort would benefit from the type of interchange I see on this
mailing list.  Are there enough of us out there to warrant this?

Let me know, folks!

Brian T.N. Stokes
Semiconductor Research Corporation

sutter@osu-eddie.UUCP (Bob Sutterfield) (09/10/85)

> We have been using DEC's All-In-One office automation product for about a
> year now, and are preparing to upgrade to version 2.0, which is
> essentially a major rewrite of this complex software environment.
>
> This type of effort would benefit from the type of interchange I see on this
> mailing list.  Are there enough of us out there to warrant this?
> Brian T.N. Stokes
> Semiconductor Research Corporation

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR MENU FORM ***

We, likewise, are looking forward with apprehension/anticipation to the A1
v2.0 upgrade.  I just got the kit yesterday afternoon and haven't had enough
time to study it, and of course still have lots of questions.

Of particular importance to our users:  What mailer to use?  We are using
the DECmail v2.2 mail interface (for historical reasons) and are trying to
decide between compatibility with the way it was done before, and internal
compatibility within the whole A1 environment.  Also, we will need to hook
to the outside world (read: this network) eventually.  Enough babbling.
--
Human:	   Bob Sutterfield
	   Facilities Management Division