[comp.sys.mips] Xsar found

rthomson@mesa.dsd.es.com (Rich Thomson) (05/22/91)

Thanks for those who sent me sources to xsar.  We have a MIPS box with
RISCwindows 3.2 and apparently xsar is included with release 4.0
(which we don't have yet).

Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to compile, but a kind soul sent me a
binary that works dandy.

							-- Rich
--
  ``Read my MIPS -- no new VAXes!!'' -- George Bush after sniffing freon
	    Disclaimer: I speak for myself, except as noted.

eldred@hare.udev.cdc.com (d k eldred 853-4650) (05/24/91)

Just a note: the XSAR that is part of the EP/IX Utilities is *not* the same as
the XSAR that is distributed with RISCwindows.

CDC XSAR displays essentially similar information, but in a single window
rather than a separate window for each datum, and with bar graphs instead of
line graphs.

Same program name, different output.

+------------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
|  Douglas K. Eldred                 | INTERNET: eldred@hare.udev.cdc.com    |
|  Control Data Corporation (HQC01P) | INTERNET: eldred@systemr.cpg.cdc.com  |
|  8100 34th Avenue South            | Fax:      (612) 853-5963              |
|  Bloomington, MN USA 55425-1640    | Voice:    (612) 853-4650              |
+------------------------------------+---------------------------------------+

k2@bl.physik.tu-muenchen.de (Klaus Steinberger) (05/24/91)

eldred@hare.udev.cdc.com (d k eldred 853-4650) writes:

>Just a note: the XSAR that is part of the EP/IX Utilities is *not* the same as
>the XSAR that is distributed with RISCwindows.

>CDC XSAR displays essentially similar information, but in a single window
>rather than a separate window for each datum, and with bar graphs instead of
>line graphs.

>Same program name, different output.

And both have nice features, the CDC xsar is a very good tool for an overview
of the system load. It gives you a very condensed view off the actual system
load. The RISCwindows xsar wins, if you want to watch some activity over
some period.

Sincerely,
Klaus Steinberger
--
Klaus Steinberger               Beschleunigerlabor der TU und LMU Muenchen
Phone: (+49 89)3209 4287        Hochschulgelaende