[comp.sys.mips] /usr/X11/contrib/bin/xlock under RISCwindows4.0

mark@spider.co.uk (Mark Valentine) (05/25/91)

Anyone had any success with the xlock supplied in the contrib section of
the RISCwindows4.0 release?  I always get the following error from X when
I run it.

    X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
     Major opcode of failed request:  26 (X_GrabPointer)
     Minor opcode of failed request:  0
     Resource id in failed request:  0xffff
     Serial number of failed request:  32

This is on a MIPS RS2030 running RISCos4.52.

		Mark.
--
Mark Valentine, Spider Systems <mark@spider.co.uk>            /\oo/\
  "I'll be mellow when I'm DEAD."

mark@spider.co.uk (Mark Valentine) (05/27/91)

In article <1991May25.091811.5484@spider.co.uk> I wrote:
>Anyone had any success with the xlock supplied in the contrib section of
>the RISCwindows4.0 release?  I always get the following error from X when
>I run it.
>
>    X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
>     [...]

I just answered this one for myself whilst investigating another problem.

From the latest comp.windows.x FAQ:

    Subject:  39)  Why doesn't xlock work on my R4 server?

            The version of xlock that went out on the R4 contrib tapes was not
    quite R4-conformant; when built and run, it will produce an X_GrabPointer
    protocol error. This can be fixed by making the R4 server run in bug-
    compatibility mode; just say `xset bc`.
            xlock has been fixed since; in addition, a major revision just came
    out (to comp.sources.x) and can be used instead.  [10/90]

		Mark.