[news.newusers.questions] L.sys

nrg@nsscb.UUCP (Narotham Reddy) (07/28/89)

Hello there:

I would like you to find out the L.sys (for my unix-pc) entries
for the following:

1) bloom-beacon.mit.edu
2) cs.bu.edu
3) decwrl.dec.com
4) cs.utexas.edu
5) mailrus.cc.umich.edu
6) mandrill.ces.cwru.edu
7) cs.purdue.edu
8) rutgers.edu
9) telly.on.ca
10) tut.cis.ohio-state.edu
11) uccba.vc.edu

I am asking these L.sys entries so that I can dial and request to get
any free software using "uucp".

Thanks..

Reddy.. (Narotham Reddy)

my path:   nsscb!nrg  or nssc00!nsscb!nrg   or ulysses!nsscb!nrg

In article <854@nsscb.UUCP> nrg@nsscb.UUCP (Narotham Reddy) writes:

> I would like you to find out the L.sys (for my unix-pc) entries
> for the following:
>
> 1) bloom-beacon.mit.edu
> 2) cs.bu.edu
> 3) decwrl.dec.com
> 4) cs.utexas.edu
> 5) mailrus.cc.umich.edu
> 6) mandrill.ces.cwru.edu
> 7) cs.purdue.edu
> 8) rutgers.edu
> 9) telly.on.ca
> 10) tut.cis.ohio-state.edu
> 11) uccba.vc.edu

This is a private matter between you and the managers of these sites.
Most of them will not offer such connections, instead there are a few
sites that offer either "special uucp logins", mail servers or other
modes of accessing sources that they want to distribute.

Such provisions are most often advertised/discussed in comp.sources.d
and/or comp.sources.wanted, or sometimes a newgroup pertinent to the
nature of the sources being offered.