[news.newusers.questions] C question RTFM

ari@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Ari Halberstadt) (08/06/89)

In article <4615@eos.UUCP> chguest@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov.UUCP (C. J. Guest) writes:
>Everybody in my class has been teasing me because I don't know who
>Dennis Richly is.  He supposed to be a big programmer or something.
>
>Help?

I have to side with mpl@cbnewsl.ATT.COM (michael.p.lindner), who wrote just a
few messages back to RTFM! Go to the book store/library/fellow hacker and
open the pages, read a little, hack a little, etc.

Look, maybe we should create a "comp.lang.c.beginner" group or something.
I'm getting tired of reading these endless questions like "what's a comma
operator?", why do we have a main function?, how do I post to this network?
etc. etc.

As for the above question which prompted me to write this: if everyone
in your class knows who he is, then ASK THEM!

-- Ari Halberstadt '91, "Long live succinct signatures"
E-mail: ari@eleazar.dartmouth.edu	Telephone: (603)640-5687
Mailing address: HB1128, Dartmouth College, Hanover NH 03755

chip@vector.Dallas.TX.US (Chip Rosenthal) (08/06/89)

{ meta-discussion redirected from news.newusers.questions to news.groups }

Maybe I'm in the minority...but I thought this was a worthwhile group.

However, seeing the number of idiots who can't recognize obvious forgeries
dispensing advice is quickly changing my mind.  I don't get pissed off at
"stupid" questions -- just all these stupid answers.
--
Chip Rosenthal / chip@vector.Dallas.TX.US / Dallas Semiconductor / 214-450-5337
"I wish you'd put that starvation box down and go to bed" - Albert Collins' Mom

cleeland@rex.cs.tulane.edu (Chris Cleeland) (08/07/89)

In article <14866@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> ari@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Ari Halberstadt) writes:

>Look, maybe we should create a "comp.lang.c.beginner" group or something.
>I'm getting tired of reading these endless questions like "what's a comma
>operator?", why do we have a main function?, how do I post to this network?
>etc. etc.

The comp.lang.c.beginner sounds like a fine idea, BUT...

At the risk of many flames, I believe that most of the "questions" to which
you referred were SARCASTIC JOKES (personally, I thought they were humorous
...a waste of bandwidth, but humorous).

There's always the 'k' key...
--
Thanks