[news.newusers.questions] 'kill' in rn

strong@tc.fluke.COM (Norm Strong) (08/04/89)

I usually use the k command in rn to kill all subsequent articles having
the same subject.  Usually the k command runs through all the articles and
writes 'nnnn Junked' for each article killed.

About half the time nothing happens; it just sits there unless I ^C it.
Why?
--

Norm   (strong@tc.fluke.com)

geoff@pmafire.UUCP (Geoff Allen) (08/08/89)

In article <10123@fluke.COM> strong@tc.fluke.COM (Norm Strong) writes:
>I usually use the k command in rn to kill all subsequent articles having
>the same subject.  Usually the k command runs through all the articles and
>writes 'nnnn Junked' for each article killed.
>
>About half the time nothing happens; it just sits there unless I ^C it.
>Why?

I have the same problem.  It's been enough to make me stop using the k
command. (I'm now wearing out my 'n' key.)

Is this a bug in rn?

-----
Geoff Allen - WINCO Computer Engineering
...{uunet|bigtex}!pmafire!geoff
...ucdavis!egg-id!pmafire!geoff