[news.newusers.questions] Apple control keys

geoff@pmafire.UUCP (Geoff Allen) (08/11/89)

In article <57174@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> Lum Johnson <lum@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>In article <392@wet.UUCP> epsilon@wet.UUCP (Eric P. Scott) writes:
>>The major PC manufacturer that didn't learn about CTRL until late
>>in the game was not IBM, but Apple!
>
>True enough - it's that funny little "cloverleaf" thingie to the left
>of the space bar, isn't it?  And all the documentation depicts this
>cloverleaf thingie wherever there should be Carets or Uparrows.

Nope.  The 'cloverleaf thingie' is the command key.  The control key is
an entirely different key (and it's labeled 'ctrl', or something
equivalent.  Mine is at home and I don't remember exactly.)  The command
key is used for things like menu equivalents (e.g. typing command-s in
most Macintosh programs saves the current file).

--
Geoff Allen - WINCO Computer Process Engineering
...{uunet|bigtex}!pmafire!geoff  |  Disclaimer: Any thoughts here are my own