[news.newusers.questions] Need help on a nodename!

F0O@PSUVM.BITNET (08/15/89)

    I'm kinda new using E-mail, and I was wondering how I would
compose the following E-mail address into something of the form:
        SENDFILE fname ftype fm TO UserId AT node

    Contact: ...!{ctvax!pollux,smu,texsun}!killer!dcj (Denise Jacob)

       Any help would be appreciated!

epsilon@wet.UUCP (Eric P. Scott) (08/16/89)

For starters, "killer" no longer exists--it's now "attctc"

Its FQDN* is attctc.dallas.tx.us; ignore the bang path.

(BTW, what are you REALLY trying to do?)

					-=EPS=-
*Fully-Qualified Domain Name

ephraim@techunix.BITNET (Ephraim Silverberg) (08/16/89)

In article <89226.164343F0O@PSUVM> F0O@PSUVM.BITNET writes:

>     I'm kinda new using E-mail, and I was wondering how I would
> compose the following E-mail address into something of the form:
>         SENDFILE fname ftype fm TO UserId AT node
>
>     Contact: ...!{ctvax!pollux,smu,texsun}!killer!dcj (Denise Jacob)

You can't.  SENDFILE is only for sending files between Bitnet nodes; the
node you want to reach is on the UUCP network [aside: the name of the
machine "killer" has been changed to "attctc"].  You must use the VM MAIL
command to reach the UUCP/Bitnet gateway (which happens to be your next
door neighbour PSUVAX1).

Before doing this, put the following command in your PROFILE EXEC file
(and type it in manually so it takes effect this session as well):

CP TERM CH OFF

This will ensure that the '@' character is not interpreted as a backspace.

Then enter the MAIL command using:

MAIL DCJ@ATTCTC.UUCP

and type in your letter sending it off by pressing PF5.
--
Ephraim Silverberg
Internet: ephraim%techunix.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu