[news.newusers.questions] Hands up all the newusers

paola@zen.co.uk (Paola Kathuria) (08/26/89)

I have a question.  Or two.

In article <19179@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>[wittiness reluctantly deleted]
>You may not, however, have the wherewithall to extract that information.

Richard, what colour's your wherewithall and is it anything like
an overall?

Hey, since I reckon all the newusers have been scared off why don't
we change the name of this newsgroup to something more appropriate
like news.oldusers.funny?

Ooh, this is about .sigs isn't it?  Look what I found in eunet.jokes
(disclaimer: I don't read eunet.jokes but Helen, who has the terminal
next to mine, does).

In article <2339@zaphod.axion.bt.co.uk>,
 ahynes@zaphod.axion.bt.co.uk (Andy Hynes) signs himself:

  __________
  |        | o           _________________________________________
  |        |/|          /                                         \
  |        | |         |  Andy Hynes, RT3121.                      |
  |________| |         |   British Telecom Research Laboratories,  |
      ||     |         |    Martlesham Heath,                      |
      ||     |         |     Ipswich, ENGLAND IP5 7RE.             |
      ||     O       __|                                           |
     ____           /__         Tel:   (0473) 646099               |
    / __ \     ____//  |        Email: ahynes@axion.bt.co.uk       |
   | |  | | __/____/    \_________________________________________/
   | |__| |/__/
    \____///
   ========
   |      |
    \    /
     |  |
 ____|__|____

An' here's mine (witchy version).
--
Paola Kathuria  Zengrange UK LS9 8DB  [paola@zen.co.uk<->uunet!zen.co.uk!paola]
---* Poot turns into a doughnut and eats herself. [squelch!]  [vanishing noise]

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (08/28/89)

In article <1703@zen.co.uk> paola@zen.co.uk (Paola Kathuria) writes:
>I have a question.  Or two.
>
>>You may not, however, have the wherewithall to extract that information.
>
>Richard, what colour's your wherewithall and is it anything like
>an overall?

Hah! You'll just have to come here and check them out for yourself.

>Hey, since I reckon all the newusers have been scared off why don't
>we change the name of this newsgroup to something more appropriate
>like news.oldusers.funny?

'Cept it won't work. You've been on the net too long to be a .newuser,
but not long enough to be an .olduser. So we may have to make
alt.transitional.users for you and your ilk.

Just how are your ilk, anyway ?

--
   Nsukka Misaje Akure Jos Plateau Port Harcourt Emyok Makurdi Lafia P82
richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV