[news.newusers.questions] Bitch, moan, bitch.

marr-leon@CS.YALE.EDU (Leon T. Marr) (09/14/89)

In article <1989Sep6.115246.17066@gec-mi-at.co.uk> clark@gec-mi-at.co.uk (Peter Clark) writes:
>In article <18950@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>>Alright dipshit, why did you include that stupid row of hyphens when the
>         ^^^^^^^
>>hyphens to tell the WHOLE FUCKING WORLD that your article (which was
>                           ^^^^^^^
><deleted>
>>covered *SARCASM* yet. After all it didn't have one of those phallic
>                                                              ^^^^^^^
>>smiley things.
>
>This I find unneccessary, downright rude, and definately not fit
>for public consumption.
>
>If you *REALY* must use this kind of flame, then send it by private mail,
>*NOT* by POST to every *PUBLIC* notice board in the *WORLD*.

Hey, this is *alt.flame*!  Complaining about profanity in alt.flame is like
complaining about violence in American football.  Alt.flame was *created* for
flames.  This is not IMHO, this is in the newsgroup description.

(Aside from which, I fail to see what is "downright rude, and definately (sic)
not fit for public consumption" in the perfectly harmless English adjective
"phallic".)

Then, after a couple of volleys have been exchanged,
In article <1989Sep11.125116.18148@gec-mi-at.co.uk> clark@gec-mi-at.co.uk (Peter Clark) goes on to say:
>The point being, this is a *WORLD*WIDE*PUBLIC*NOTICE*BOARD*

Oh really?  Then why didn't you move all followups out of news.newusers.
questions, and keep them from flooding *two* newsgroups, by sending them to
alt.flame, where they belong.  Then you could simply have unsubscribed,
and anyone who thought this flame war was a waste of bandwidth could have done
so also.  Besides, no one forces any site to carry alt.flame.

Okay?

Followups directed to ALT.FLAME.  Apologies to news.newusers.questions for
this meta-flame.

Randomness.