[news.newusers.questions] Reading news through modem

kellyn@rosevax.Rosemount.COM (K. Schwab) (11/30/89)

Does anyone know if there is a way to read these postings through
a modem to an Apple IIc computer???  I currently am only able to
get into this system at work through our mainframe.  I have an Apple
at home and would like to be able to catch up on postings at home
instead of having to stay late at work.

I would greatly appreciate any info on this!!  Please e-mail me
the info!

Thanks -- Kelly

[I also cannot get my .sig to work!]

taxman@drycas.club.cc.cmu.edu (11/30/89)

In article <8328@rosevax.Rosemount.COM>, kellyn@rosevax.Rosemount.COM (K. Schwab) writes:
> Does anyone know if there is a way to read these postings through
> a modem to an Apple IIc computer???

Find the dialup ports to your mainframe and access news from remote. For fullscr
reen you'll need Vt100 emulation. Kermit 3.86 and Proterm (+ others) provide
the adequate emulation for news.

> Thanks -- Kelly
>
> [I also cannot get my .sig to work!]

If you are using vms, the filename mail.signature should work.

Mike Wommack      Inet: taxman@drycas.club.cc.cmu.edu
                 BITnet: taxman@drycas
                 UUCP: {backbone}!pt.cs.cmu.edu!drycas!taxman