[news.newusers.questions] Bitnet and Compuserve

sdu7408@cec1.wustl.edu (Stephen David Ungar) (12/03/89)

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but:

I heard from someone that they though there was a way to connect biitnet to
compuserve to send messages back and forth.  Has anyone else heard about this,
and if so, how does one go about doing it?

Thanks,

--

-Steve

pete@cavevax.ucsb.edu (GurgleKat) (12/04/89)

In article <1989Dec3.083745.3886@cec1.wustl.edu>, sdu7408@cec1.wustl.edu (Stephen David Ungar) writes:
> I heard from someone that they though there was a way to connect biitnet to
> compuserve to send messages back and forth.  Has anyone else heard about this,
> and if so, how does one go about doing it?

I once offered to mail the following file to anyone who asked for it.
That turned out to be a big mistake; a LOT of people wanted it.
This file CLAIMS that it is posted monthly here, but I haven't seen it in
an awfully long time. Anyway, I will excerpt it and mail to the maintainer
to see what's going on.
------------------------------- cut here --------------------------------------
# Inter-Network Mail Guide
#   $Header: netmail,v 1.2 89/09/18 12:22:43 john Exp $
#
# This file documents methods of sending mail from one network to another.
# It is maintained by John J. Chew <poslfit@gpu.UTCS.UToronto.CA>, and is
# posted monthly to comp.mail.misc and news.newusers.questions.  Please
# send any corrections or additions to the above address.
#
#F compuserve
#T internet
#R user@site.domain
#I send to ">INTERNET:user@site.domain"

#F internet
#T compuserve
#R xxxx,yyy
#I send to "7xxxx.yyy@compuserve.com"

Hire this kid  : Mac, DOS, C, Pascal, asm, excellent communication skills

"This was it. This was what he was, who he was, his being. He forgot to eat.
 Sometimes he'd resent having to leave the deck to use the toilet..."
                                              -- William Gibson, _Neuromancer_