[fa.info-vax] DECSA DECnet router box

OC.GARLAND@CU20B.COLUMBIA.EDU (Richard Garland) (10/01/85)

Date: Mon 30 Sep 85 18:40:38-EDT
From: Ken Rossman <sy.Ken@CU20B.ARPA>
Subject: DECSA DECnet router box
To: TOPS-20@SU-SCORE.ARPA
cc: DECnet-Managers@CU20B.ARPA
Address: 715 Watson Labs, 612 W. 115th St, NY NY 10025
Phone: (212) 280-4876

Does anyone out there run a DECSA DECnet router, or have any experience
working with one?  How about a DECnet/SNA gateway router?  We are about to
try to bring up the DECnet router here, but we're not sure if we have the
right equipment.  What we have is something called a DECSA-FA, which is the
hardware for the SNA gateway.  What we *should* have is a DECSA-EA, which
is the DECnet router hardware.  Near as I can tell from the descriptions of
each of these boxes, they're very close to being the same hardware.  I'm
wondering if they only differ in software.  Since we haven't ordered the
software yet, we may still be able to use this box for DECnet service.

Anyone know anything about either of these boxes?  /Ken
-------
-------