[gnu.misc.discuss] if the user does the link

pardo@june.cs.washington.edu (David Keppel) (07/30/89)

rms@wheaties.ai.mit.edu writes:
>The FSF lawyer told me that distributing code which was designed to
>work only when linked with part of a GNU program would be considered,
>legally, as a subterfuge for distributing a modified program
>containing both that and the GNU program.  So it would be covered by
>the general public license.

This sounds like a `proprietary interface' argument.  ``You must
follow the copyleft on all code that uses something other than the
standard (documented external) interface.''  Is this true?

Followups to gnu.misc.discuss.

	;-D on  ( And if the program does the link... )  Pardo
--
		    pardo@cs.washington.edu
    {rutgers,cornell,ucsd,ubc-cs,tektronix}!uw-beaver!june!pardo