[gnu.misc.discuss] "Your Lights Are On.."

dell@amelia.nas.nasa.gov (Thomas E. Dell) (09/27/89)

Pale blue automobile (Maserati?) convertible with "GNU C" plates
spotted travelling south on CA Highway 1 near Santa Cruz Saturday.

Attempts to overtake same failed due to a lack of computational
power inherent in CISC Cadillac design.

Anyone admit to owning this baby? (We assume "official business")

               "Huzzah!" - Tom

maslen@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Thomas Maslen) (09/30/89)

In article <3238@amelia.nas.nasa.gov> dell@amelia.nas.nasa.gov (Thomas E. Dell) writes:
>Pale blue automobile (Maserati?) convertible with "GNU C" plates
>spotted travelling south on CA Highway 1 near Santa Cruz Saturday.
>
>Attempts to overtake same failed due to a lack of computational
>power inherent in CISC Cadillac design.
>
>Anyone admit to owning this baby? (We assume "official business")

It's not mine (sigh).  Actually, you should be able to get Michael
Tiemann to 'fess up.  I thought the car (yes, it is a Maserati) was
silvery rather than light blue, but I haven't looked all that
carefully.  Presumably the folks who do personalized licence plates
don't do "+" signs?

So what *was* Tiemann doing on CA 1, anyway?  And does this mean you
can get rich doing free software?  Enquiring minds want to know.

Thomas Maslen					    maslen@neon.stanford.edu