[gnu.misc.discuss] Ghostscript and Turbo-C v2.0

merlin@smu.edu (David Hayes) (10/04/89)

I have been trying to get Ghostscript v1.3 to run on my 386 system.
The included file "gs.exe" resulted only in "Error in EXE file".

I have Turbo-C 2.0, but I haven't been able to get Ghostscript to
compile in accordance with the instructions in make.doc.  My object
files all seem to be 270 or so bytes, regardless of the size of the
source file.  OBJXREF says they contain no symbols, and reference no
symbols.

Does anyone have the foggiest idea what's going on here?  Thanks,

David Hayes	School of Engineering	Southern Methodist University
merlin@smu.edu	uunet!smu!merlin
"Argue for your limitation, and, sure enough, they're yours." - Richard Bach

knight@csli.Stanford.EDU (Bob Knight) (10/06/89)

In article <15955@pollux.UUCP> merlin@smu.edu (David Hayes) writes:
>I have Turbo-C 2.0, but I haven't been able to get Ghostscript to
>compile in accordance with the instructions in make.doc.  My object
>files all seem to be 270 or so bytes, regardless of the size of the
>source file.  OBJXREF says they contain no symbols, and reference no
>symbols.
>
>Does anyone have the foggiest idea what's going on here?  Thanks,

Yup, I do.  The files in the tar file are *unix* files, not DOS files.
You must convert them to unix files by adding a <CR> before the <LF>
at the end of the source lines.

Good luck,
Bob