[gnu.misc.discuss] Wanted: C version of texinfo interface

lmjm@doc.ic.ac.uk (Lee McLoughlin) (09/29/89)

I am trying to locate a C implementation of the Gnu texinfo interface.
What I really want is something to let me browse thru the info file
without having to invoke emacs, this is to embed in a graphics
application.  Actually a C implentation with an X windows interface
would be ideal!

If there is a C version out there I am willing to add on an X
interface...

	Lee
Lee McLoughlin		phone: 01 589 5111 X 5028  	fax: 01 581 8024
Department of Computing,Imperial College,180 Queens Gate,London SW7 2BZ, UK
Janet: lmjm@uk.ac.ic.doc	Uucp:  lmjm@icdoc.UUCP (or ..!ukc!icdoc!lmjm)
DARPA: lmjm@doc.ic.ac.uk (or lmjm%uk.ac.ic.doc@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk)

jkh@meepmeep.pcs.com (Jordan K. Hubbard) (10/02/89)

In article <LMJM.89Sep28211209@oriona.doc.ic.ac.uk> lmjm@doc.ic.ac.uk (Lee McLoughlin) writes:

>   I am trying to locate a C implementation of the Gnu texinfo interface.
>   What I really want is something to let me browse thru the info file
>   without having to invoke emacs, this is to embed in a graphics
>   application.  Actually a C implentation with an X windows interface
>   would be ideal!

There is indeed a C interface. It was written by Brian Fox of bash fame.
I have ripped out the support routines and put them into an X11 widget
which I was going to release with my xgdb debugger front-end. I guess
I could do a pre-release of just the widget if there's enough interest.

					Jordan
--
			PCS Computer Systeme GmbH, Munich, West Germany
	UUCP:		pyramid!pcsbst!jkh jkh@meepmeep.pcs.com

eechris@cybaswan.UUCP (cp.jobling eleceng staff) (10/07/89)

In article <JKH.89Oct2134707@meepmeep.pcs.com>, by jkh@meepmeep.pcs.com (Jordan K. Hubbard) writes in reply to:
>> article <LMJM.89Sep28211209@oriona.doc.ic.ac.uk> lmjm@doc.ic.ac.uk (Lee McLoughlin) writes:
>>   I am trying to locate a C implementation of the Gnu texinfo interface.
>>   What I really want is something to let me browse thru the info file
>>   without having to invoke emacs, this is to embed in a graphics
>>   application.  Actually a C implentation with an X windows interface
>>   would be ideal!
>
> There is indeed a C interface. It was written by Brian Fox of bash fame.
> I have ripped out the support routines and put them into an X11 widget
> which I was going to release with my xgdb debugger front-end. I guess
> I could do a pre-release of just the widget if there's enough interest.

I would also be interested in this, and the original C interface.
BTW is the texinfo system documented anywhere where I can get it without
downloading the whole of the GNU Emacs distribution?

	Chris

Chris Jobling, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering,
University College, Swansea, Singleton Park, Swansea SA2 8PP, UK
Phone:	+44-792-295580	Fax:	+44-792-295532	Telex:	485358
email:	JANET:			eechris@uk.ac.swan.pyr
	Internet		eechris%pyr.swan.ac.uk@cunyvm.cuny.edu
	Earn/Bitnet		eechris%pyr.swan.ac.uk@UKACRL
	UUCP			eechris%pyr.swan.ac.uk@ukc.uucp