[gnu.misc.discuss] gettime.c - gets another system's time

rodney@sun.ipl.rpi.edu (Rodney Peck II) (11/26/89)

Liam> In article <834@gistdev.gist.com> jeff@gistdev.gist.com (Jeff Johnson) writes:
>wcf@psuhcx.psu.edu (Bill Fenner) writes:
> FLAME ON !
> This is ridiculous!  Including a 12.5K license agreement for a ~4K
> source program and Makefile.
Liam> Certainly true.

Liam> Is there anywhere in the world where the GNU licence actually means
Liam> anything, or is in *any* way binding?
Liam> I simply deleted them all, and retained a single copy on disk.
Liam> Saved fifteen terabytes.

Liam> Comments?

Yes:  WHO CARES!  This is not gnu.misc.discuss.  If you want to whine about
the GNU Copyleft, go do it there.  This group is for discussing software,
not legal issues.

Why are there so many of you who insist on jumping down someone's throat
for the mildest infraction?  Between this and the stupid perl argument,
there is no information in this group!

Don't any of you write small bits of useful software?  Post them please,
I'd like to see them.  I read them and learn things from them.  I might even
make some useful changes and mail it back to you so you can use it.  I bet
that over 80% of the readers of this group are like myself.  The loud
minority, however, insists on exploding all over the group whenever they
find something done wrong, or with the "wrong" software, etc. etc...

Followups to gnu.misc.discuss.
--
Rodney