[gnu.misc.discuss] Hear RMS speak

jr@bbn.com (John Robinson) (12/04/89)

In the same Reflector (as the article about look and feel), note also
the meeting:

Social Implications of Technology - Monday December, 18, 1989
"Intellectual Property vs. Intellectual Community: The Free Software
Foundation and the Invention of the 'Copyleft'" - Richard Stallman,
Free Software Foundation.

Abstract is an excerpt of the Manifesto, basically.

I wonder if that invention is patented ;-)
--
/jr, nee John Robinson     Life did not take over the globe by combat,
jr@bbn.com or bbn!jr          but by networking -- Lynn Margulis

jr@bbn.com (John Robinson) (12/05/89)

In article <49103@bbn.COM>, jr@bbn (that's me) writes:
>Social Implications of Technology - Monday December, 18, 1989
>"Intellectual Property vs. Intellectual Community: The Free Software
>Foundation and the Invention of the 'Copyleft'" - Richard Stallman,
>Free Software Foundation.

Forgot the details:

6:30 pm Dec 17, MIT Marlar Lounge, Building 37, 70 Vassar St., second
floor (up elevator and turn left).  Post-meeting dinner with the
speaker at a local restaurant.  Info: Alex Brown (508)435-6851