[gnu.misc.discuss] GNU - FSF against A/UX !!

pld@whopper.lcs.mit.edu (Peter L. DeWolf) (09/06/90)

In article <456@adiron.UUCP> richf@adiron.UUCP (Rick Fanta) writes:

> Slimeball companies stop at nothing.  How can you (with a clear conscience)
> port GNU software?  If Apple is going to continue with "Sadaam Hussein-like"
> lawsuits (I stole it fair and square, therefore it's mine) it has no business
> with any FSF product!
> [more fanatical statements]

Why should owners & users of Apple equipment be punished because Apple is
litigious?  GNU software is good.  FSF refuses to support ports to the
A/UX version of Unix.  Users of A/UX have ported GNU software to A/UX,
and Apple provides the results of those ports to other A/UX users.

In this case, it looks like FSF is hoarding its own software by refusing to
supply it to A/UX users, whereas Apple is making GNU software freely
available!  Interesting twist...

 - Peter L. DeWolf
   Motorola Cambridge Research Center
   pld@mcrc.mot.com -or- pld@abp.lcs.mit.edu