[gnu.misc.discuss] SCOwfull

luke@modus.sublink.ORG (Luciano Mannucci) (06/21/91)

In article <1991Jun19.041754.6367@kithrup.COM>, sef@kithrup.COM (Sean Eric Fagan) writes:
... [OMISSIS] ...
> "As part of the accord, Santa Cruz Operation [sic] will pull its SCO
> Professional spreadsheet from the market.  The company, based in Santa
> Cruz, also agreed to recommend that its customers switch to 1-2-3 and
> to help Lotus market 1-2-3 to Professional users."

SCOwfull!! (from SCO+awfull, also {S}CowFool ;-)
But that gives me a solid argument to bring to my financial management
in order to convince them to buy me a *real thing* (like ESIX or DELL
UNIX or Mach) to put on my desktop instead of the well-known patchwork
named SCO ODT: if they have dropped "Professional" out of the market
because of its look-and-feel resemblance with lotus 1-2-3, they can drop
xenix because of the IBM one or ODT because of the well-known AT&T patent.

#include <StdandardDisclaimer.h>
--
  _ _           __             Via Aleardo Aleardi, 12 - 20154 Milano (Italy)
______________________________ Software & Services for Advertising & Marketing