[news.software.anu-news] FINAL VOTE RESULTS: news.software.anu-news

sdroppers%DAITC.MIL@VM1.NoDak.EDU (Seton R. Droppers) (07/08/89)

In article <8906302212.AA19189@uunet.uu.net>, Bob Sloane
 <daitc!uunet!VM1.NoDak.EDU!SLOANE%KUHUB.CC.UKANS.EDU> writes:
> Hi All,
>
> Well the voting is over.  The final tally was 130 YES, 12 NO, so the proposal
> passes!  The guidelines for creating new groups require a 5 day waiting period

Basic newuser question:  How will I go about getting this newsgroup?  I am
connected to a site that polls UUNET for news regularly.  Will the create
newsgroup command come about as part of the regular usenet net news control
streams or will I have to go search for a site that carries it or what?  Or is
this a good example of why I should be a part of UUNET and register as a
domain?

 |Seton R. Droppers                     Voice:   (703)739-5089                |
 |Public Broadcasting Service           UUCP:    ...!uunet!daitc!pbs!sdroppers|
 |DECUS UUCP: v1.1   DEC VAX/VMS        US Mail: 1320 Braddock Place          |
 |ANU NEWS:   v5.7                               Alexandria, VA 22314-1698    |
 |        "Anything that I say is my opinion and not my employer's."          |
Forwarded-By:
 |Seton R. Droppers                     Voice:   (703)739-5089                |
 |Public Broadcasting Service           UUCP:    ...!uunet!daitc!pbs!sdroppers|
 |DECUS UUCP: v1.1   DEC VAX/VMS        US Mail: 1320 Braddock Place          |
 |ANU NEWS:   v5.7                               Alexandria, VA 22314-1698    |
> the gateway.  Not that I mind, but it will require some work. Let me know what
> you think.

Our site does not have access to USENET. We feed about 15 info-lists
(BITNET and INTERNET) into NEWS. Please remain anu-news accessable from
BITNET!

-- Eckart

Eckart Meyer                                     Address:   Schleinitzstr. 23
Inst. f. Nachrichtentechnik                                 3300 Braunschweig
Technical University of Braunschweig                             West Germany
                                                 Phone:      +49 531 391 2454
BITNET:   I7100501@DBSTU1
Internet: I7100501%DBSTU1.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU