[news.software.anu-news] European copies of News 5.8, 5.8A, 5.8B, 5.9 ??

CALLANAN@DIT.IE (Cormac Callanan) (07/18/89)

        I know of four sites here in Ireland who are using ANU-news,
with a total user population of around 50,000 persons!

        Unfortunately it is very nigh impossible to get a tape copy of
ANU-news. One of the sites copied the executables and the
documentation using PSI which is very expensive! That was for V5.7!!
Since I do not have the source code we cannot apply patches and I have
been very unsuccessful in locating a site willing to copy the tape and
post/mail it to me.

        Surely, somewhere out there there must be a kind soul, who
would copy the tape??? Naturally, I would be willing to pay any costs
incurred. I am reading with envy all the new features which Geoff is
adding but will they ever reach this side of the Atlantic??? - or Pacific
(depending on your travelling direction!!) My congratulations to Geoff
on an excellant product - if only all applications were as carefully
written.

In hesitant expectation....

Cormac

Cormac Callanan - Dublin Institute of Technology - callanan@dit.ie
Systems Manager         Phone: +353-1-611133            FAX: +353-1-762608

CONSLT32@UNOMA1.BITNET (Tim Russell) (07/19/89)

Cormac Callanan <CALLANAN@DIT.IE> writes:
>         Surely, somewhere out there there must be a kind soul, who
> would copy the tape??? Naturally, I would be willing to pay any costs
> incurred. I am reading with envy all the new features which Geoff is
> adding but will they ever reach this side of the Atlantic??? - or Pacific
> (depending on your travelling direction!!) My congratulations to Geoff
> on an excellant product - if only all applications were as carefully
> written.

I think I've said before - I'm more than willing to do the job, BUT, I
think that Europe is well-connected enough that once the tape gets over
there someone there needs to do distributions, i.e., I'll do it, but not
for everyone in Europe.

   Regardless, send me a tape and work out return postage, and I'll do it.
My address is:

        1110 Bryan Ave
        Bellevue NE USA
        68005-2808

(or alternately, mail me and we'll work out funds for me supplying the tape.)

 Tim Russell, Computer Operator  | Internet: russell@zeus.unl.edu
 Campus Computing                | Bitnet:   russell@unoma1
 University of Nebraska at Omaha | UUCP:     uunet!zeus.unl.edu!russell