[news.software.anu-news] News 5.9 bugfix

fritz@unocss.UUCP (Tim Russell) (09/30/89)

Hello everyone,

   Someone here noticed that SET ITEM/HOLD wasn't working in News 5.9.  I
looked into it, and found an error in newscmd.cld.  It seems that Geoff
forgot to change one occurance of NEWSITEM to NOTEID in the syntax definition
for SET ITEM.   A patch follows.

   By the way: I've gotten two letters from people saying that the DIFF
that I posted stack dumps on them.  I have had no problems at all here,
so naturally this is a bit hard to diagnose; is anyone else having this
problem, and if so could you at least tell me what line the error is
occuring at?

------------------------Begin patch to newscmd.cld--------------------------
*** newscmd.cld;-1
--- newscmd.cld
**************
*** 478,484
  define syntax SET_ITEM
      routine     do_set_item
      parameter   P1          label=OPTIONS, value(required)
!     parameter   P2          label=NEWSITEM
      qualifier   HOLD        value(default="0")

  define syntax SET_MANAGER
--- 478,484 -----
  define syntax SET_ITEM
      routine     do_set_item
      parameter   P1          label=OPTIONS, value(required)
!     parameter   P2          label=NOTEID

---------------------------------End patch------------------------------------

--
Tim Russell   Univ. Of Nebr. at Omaha   russell@{zeus.unl.edu | unoma1.bitnet}
"Don't try to have the last word; you might get it." - Robert A. Heinlein

SLOANE@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (Bob Sloane) (10/02/89)

In article <1918@unocss.UUCP>, fritz@unocss.UUCP (Tim Russell) writes:
>    By the way: I've gotten two letters from people saying that the DIFF
> that I posted stack dumps on them.  I have had no problems at all here,
> so naturally this is a bit hard to diagnose; is anyone else having this
> problem, and if so could you at least tell me what line the error is
> occuring at?

For those of you not on C V3.0, you will need to compile the DIFF program
using /NOOPTIMIZE in order to get it to work correctly.  At least that worked
for me.
--
USmail: Bob Sloane, University of Kansas Computer Center, Lawrence, KS, 66045
E-mail: sloane@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu, sloane@ukanvax.bitnet, AT&T: (913)864-0444