[news.software.anu-news] another suggested feature

jeh%SIMPACT.uucp@uunet.uu.net (Jamie Hanrahan) (10/14/89)

Terry Poot suggests...

> On the KILL command, rather than just being able to say kill/subject, allow
> KILL/SUBJECT="text", where any message containing "text" anywhere in the
> subject line will be killed.

DIR needs this as well.

While we're on the subject of subject-following, it seems strange that
read/parent attempts to follow the thread by identifier (which is difficult
for items, like this one, which originated on certain mailing lists,
since the followups from the list won't reference the parent identifier in
the references: header), while read/followup goes by subject line.

More subject-following:  Not only Re: but also Re^2: and RE: should be
ignored.  And I wish there was a good way to ignore constructs like
"Part 1 of 3".

	--- Jamie Hanrahan, Simpact Associates, San Diego CA
Chair, VMSnet [DECUS uucp] and Internals Working Groups, DECUS VAX Systems SIG
Internet:  jeh@simpact.com, or if that fails, jeh@crash.cts.com
Uucp:  ...{crash,scubed,decwrl}!simpact!jeh