[news.software.anu-news] local signature file on mailing list groups

glassmann@CCAVAX.CAMB.COM (Lenny Glassmann) (11/16/89)

I just started using a local signature file for local postings and a regular
signature file for net postings.  The one glitch in this is when I post to a
newsgroup that I have gatewayed to a mailing list.  Since the newsgroup is
local, my local signature file is used.  Is there any way around this?
--
Lenny

gih900@csc.anu.oz (Geoff Huston) (11/26/89)

In article <8911151733.AA21994@uunet.uu.net>, glassmann@CCAVAX.CAMB.COM (Lenny Glassmann) writes:
> I just started using a local signature file for local postings and a regular
> signature file for net postings.  The one glitch in this is when I post to a
> local, my local signature file is used.  Is there any way around this?
> --
> Lenny

in newspost.c:...

all_local(gl)
  char *gl;
{
  char s[SUBJLEN],
       locg[1024],
       *cp1 = locg,
       *cp2;
  int g;

  strcpy(locg,gl);
  do {
    if (cp2 = strchr(cp1,',')) *cp2++ = '\0';
    util_cvrt(s,cp1);
    if (   (g = ga_exact_name(s))

/* altered code .... */
        && (   !(ga[g]->grp_flags & NEWS_M_LOCAL)
            || (ga[g]->grp_flags & NEWS_M_MAILLIST)))

      return(0);
    } while (cp1 = cp2);
  return(1);
}

Geoff Huston

glassmann@ccavax.camb.com (11/29/89)

In article <1059.256ef9fe@csc.anu.oz>, gih900@csc.anu.oz (Geoff Huston) writes:
> In article <8911151733.AA21994@uunet.uu.net>, glassmann@CCAVAX.CAMB.COM (Lenny Glassmann) writes:
>> I just started using a local signature file for local postings and a regular
>
> in newspost.c:...

Thanks for replying with a fix so quickly.  Is this something that you plan on
putting into the distribution copy of NEWS?
--
Lenny Glassmann                glassmann@ccavax.camb.com