From:         ND HECN E-mail Postmaster <INFO@NDSUVM1>
Subject:      Happy New Year
To:           russell@unoma1

   ANU-NEWS got blitzed by the British...  LISTSERV didn't detect the
bounces for a combination of reasons (they used a new subject which other
mail systems have not used for bounced mail AND they left the headers
in a munged state so LISTSERV didn't recognize the list origin as itself).
I sure wish the Brits would drive their domains on the same side of the
network... ;-)(

   I have hacked LISTSERV a bit to try to catch the loops but let me know
if you see any more.  (The list got held when the limit on number of msgs
per day was reached - so at least that worked...).

     Marty

--
Tim Russell   Univ. Of Nebr. at Omaha   russell@{zeus.unl.edu | unoma1.bitnet}
  "It's enough to make you wonder sometimes if you're on the right planet."